The Community Outreach committee meets the second Sunday of each month at 7:00 pm in the parlor. Please join us if you would like to help.
The Community Outreach Ministry Team and Neighbors in Need provide ongoing support to the community and service opportunities throughout the year.
- Thanksgiving turkeys for Food Link
- School supplies and Christmas gifts for Anne Arundel County Partnership for Children, Youth and Families
- ELCA Global Barnyard
- Bake sales
- My Brother’s Pantry
- Rides and transportation assistance
- Winter Relief
- Quilts for Lutheran World Relief and Hospice of the Chesapeake
- Parental support and education
- Mission trips to Madagascar, Slovakia and El Salvador
Member of Anne Arundel Connecting Together
ACT is strictly a non-partisan organization. Gloria Dei! is one of 23 faith and community-based institutions that work together to build power and create self sustaining change by: representing people’s voices, presenting solutions, making decisions, forming deep relationships, acting “with” (not “for”) the people and developing community leaders.
We are working together on issues such as employment, childcare, mental health access, transportation, gun violence and affordable housing.